Friday, May 27, 2011

Lego Man cake pops

Last week I got a request from a friend for an order of cake pops.  I believe it was her for her friend's birthday and she wanted cake pops that looked like Lego characters.  I have made plenty of cake balls and cake pops before, but not out here in Okinawa.  Coloring my candy melts was such a pain!  I ruined two batches.  I know not to use regular food coloring, I use the Wilton candy colors, but it immediately ruined the consistancy of the candy coating. 
My edible writers also didn't want to work, so I used chocolate pens I got out here and drew the faces on with those.  Luckily my friend was quite happy with the end result. 

Today I made red velvet cake balls for a BBQ we're going to this weekend.  They turned out much better than the darn cake pops!  I can't wait to share them with everyone.  I'm learning to work with my baking and the humidity out here. 


I've got some more baking to do this weekend, so I'll post about those next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment